Victoria’s luscious peanut butter and jelly sandwich is buttery, sweet and provides the perfect bite on the fold dripping with creamy goodness.
2 slices whole wheat bread, or any thin bread that can be folded in half
1 tabelspoon butter
4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 tabelspoons jam or preserves
- Set the oven to broil on high.
- Place two slices of bread on a baking tray and place in the oven when heated.
- Toast the bread for about 5 minutes or until face up side is golden brown but not too crispy. Do not flip the bread over!
- Take the tray out of the oven and flip the toasts over so that the soft side is face up. Place a 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each slice.
- Let the butter melt slightly before spreading.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on each slice. Don’t spread all the way to the edge. This prevents all of it from flowing out once folded in half.
- With a clean knife, spread one tablespoons of jam on each slice and swirl together slightly.
- Fold the slices vertically in half without tearing the toast.
- Serve immediately or wrap in parchment paper and save for later!
- Pick a slice of toast that is symmetrical, and large and thin enough to fold in half.
- Don’t spread the peanut butter & jelly all the way to the end of the crust. When you fold the toast in half, the fillings with spread perfectly to the edge.
- Serving Size: 1 half sandwich
- Calories: 404 calories
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 412 mg
- Fat: 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 14.2 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg