These perfectly crispy taquitos are filled with a cheesy sweet potato and corn mixture and an avocado cream. They are sweet, creamy and much healthier than traditional Mexican food!
For the Sweet Potato & Corn filling:
- 1 1/2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cut sweet corn off the cob, or 1 can sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded mozerella cheese
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 15 small/medium white corn tortillas
For the Avocado Cream:
- 9oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cream (to thin sauce)
- 1 jalapeno chopped with half seeds removed
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes and toss in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, make the avocado cream. In a food processor combine cream cheese, sour cream, avocado, olive oil or cream, jalapeno and salt. Blend until smooth.
- When the sweet potatoes are done baking, allow them to cool then toss with corn and cheese. Keep the oven on to bake the taquitos.
- Prepare the tortillas by warming them to make them soft. Dampen two paper towels and place 5 tortillas in between the towels, microwave for 30 seconds.
- To assemble the taquitos, spread about a tablespoon of avocado cream on the tortilla.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of sweet potato and corn mixture on one side of the tortilla.
- Roll tightly and place seam side down on baking tray. Repeat for all taquitos.
- Brush all of the taquitos with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes or until edges are crispy and golden brown.
- Serving Size: 3 taquitos
- Calories: 472 calories
- Sugar: 21.5 g
- Fat: 25.4
- Saturated Fat: 10.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.3 g
- Fiber: 9.9 g
- Protein: 10.4 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg