Crisp apples roasted in honey and butter tossed in sesame seeds
2 medium apples
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 425°.
- Start by coring your apples. Cut each apple in quarters then cut each quarter on the diagonal to create triangular shaped slices.
- Melt the butter and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Make sure not to brown the butter because that will happen later during the roasting process.
- Add cinnamon and salt to the saucepan.
- Remove saucepan from heat and toss apples in melted butter mixture. Make sure they are all nicely coated.
- Spread apples onto a baking tray and pour remaining liquid over apples.
- Roast for 15 min then toss apples to ensure an even cook and recoat the apples with the liquid pooling on the pan.
- Cook the apples for 10 more minutes or you can easily pierce apples with a fork.
- Remove apples from the pan excluding liquid that might have burnt around the edges of the pan. Serve with greek yogurt and walnuts or granola. You can also serve with crème fraiche or cheese for a more savory rendition.
I like Envy Apples because they are as sweet as apple juice and I like to pick out the crunchiest ones.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 29g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37.5g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 23mg