A sweet and savory pumpkin bread topped with creamy chunks of goat’s cheese, cracked black pepper and seeds. To be served alongside a fresh salad or hot soup; or topped with a creamy spread or deli salad.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cups oat flour
1/2 + 2 tbsp sugar (3/4 cup for a sweeter loaf)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 whole eggs, room temperature
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/3 cup creamy goat cheese or crumbled goat cheese
3 tablespoons sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″ loaf pan and line with parchment paper with an overhang on the long sides of the pan. This makes it easy to remove the loaf from pan, just hold the edges of the paper and lift.
- In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs then add pumpkin purée, oil and plain greek yogurt until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold together until just incorporated! Do NOT over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and tap pan against counter several times to release air pockets.
- Top loaf with crumbled goat’s cheese, cracked pepper, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean from center of loaf.
- Let cool on a wire rack until completely cool, then remove loaf by lifting the edges of the parchment paper.