A cross between marshmallow fluff and whipped cream that is a light and fluffy sweetness, the perfect topping for your hot mocha.
5 oz marshmallows, about 24 large marshmallows
1.5 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fill a large pot with water and boil over medium heat.
- Put the marshmallows and corn syrup in a medium sized glass bowl.
- Place glass bowl over pot of boiling water to melt the marshmallows. This is called a double boiler, it helps avoid burning the marshmallows and is more controlled than melting them directly in the pot.
- Stir as the marshmallows melt, and remove from heat when completely melted.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract until fluffy but not stuff peaks. It’s important not to over whip!
- Add the melted marshmallow cream into the mixer and mix on medium speed until combined. It should be fluffy and semi stiff.
- Place in a jar or bowl covered in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- This is is also a great dip for strawberries or topping for pancakes.
- When mixing the marshmallows as they melt, spray the spoon or spatula with non stick spray to avoid sticking.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 64 calories
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg