Fresh fig and watermelon bites layered with peppered greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey. An amazing way to use this sweet summer fruits.
12 small and flat watermelon squares, about 2” wide and long
6 fresh figs
3/4 cup greek yogurt
A few pinches black pepper
Honey for drizzling
- Slice watermelon into small squares, about 2 inches long and wide and 1/2 inch high.
- Squeeze halves of a lime over all the pieces.
- Cut the tops off the figs, and slice the figs in half lengthwise. You can cut the end off of each half to make them flat.
- In a small bowl mix the greek yogurt with a few pinched of cracked black pepper.
- Top each watermelon piece with one tablespoon of yogurt and a half fig.
- Drizzle all the bites with honey and more cracked pepper (optional).
- Serving Size: 3 bites
- Calories: 137 g
- Sugar: 20.8 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg