These creamy chicken and spinach taquitos are a fresh twist on classic taquitos, filled with roasted chicken, three cheeses, fresh spinach and a creamy salsa that can’t be beat.
For the chicken filling:
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- salt to taste
- 15 small/medium flour tortillas
For the creamy salsa:
- 6oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and prepare 1-2 baking trays, if not nonstick brush with olive oil.
- To prepare the filling, shred roasted chicken until you obtain 2 cups. Chop the fresh spinach.
- In a large bowl toss the chicken, spinach and three cheeses together with a pinch of salt.
- To make the sauce blend cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, agave and spices in a blender until completely smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken mixture and toss until mixture is completely coated in creamy salsa.
- Prepare the tortillas by warming them to make them soft. Dampen two paper towels and place 5 tortillas in between the towels, microwave for 30 seconds.
- To assemble the taquitos, place a couple spoonfuls of filling on one side of the tortilla
- Roll tightly and place seam side down on baking tray. Repeat for all taquitos.
- Brush all of the taquitos with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes or until edges are crispy and golden brown.
- Serving Size: 2 taquitos
- Calories: 517 calories
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.3 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 77mg