Plump blackberries and juicy cherries served with vanilla cream and a sprinkling of raw sugar.
2 cups blackberries
2 cups cherries, preferably pitted
1 cup heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
1/4 cup sugar in the raw or demerara sugar
- Wash the berries and cherries and set aside in a large bowl.
- Place the heavy cream in a bowl. With a sharp knife, slice the vanilla bean down the middle to cut in half. Scrape the seeds from each half of the bean into the heavy cream.
- Mix the vanilla bean into the cream by hand with a whisk. Mix only until combined, otherwise the cream will begin to thicken.
- Pour heavy cream over berries.
- Place plastic wrap over bowl and refrigerate until nicely chilled.
- When ready to serve, divide berries and cream into four small bowls and top each with a tablespoon of sugar in the raw. Make sure each bowl gets the same amount of berries and cream.
- If you prefer a sweeter dessert you can toss the berries with 1/2 cup of sugar and let sit for 5 minutes before adding the cream.
- This dessert is best served very cold.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 320 calories
- Sugar: 22.2 g
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Fat: 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 82 g