A vegetarian eggs benedict with creamy cheese, heirloom tomato and basil; perfect as a light and healthy breakfast.
2 english muffins
4 oz creamy goat cheese
2 small handfuls of mixed greens
1 small bunch of fresh basil
1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
4 poached eggs
optional: olive oil and balsamic reduction
- Slice the english muffins in half and toast all 4 halves.
- Chop the basil into small pieces. In a small bowl toss four fingerfulls of the basil with the mixed greens.
- Spread two tablespoons of creamy goat cheese on each half english muffin.
- Top each half with a some of the mixed greens and basil mix.
- Slice the heirloom tomato into thick slices, and top each half muffin with one slice.
- Poach 4 eggs using your preferred method. I like them poached medium.
- Top each half muffin with a poached egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and optionally drizzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction.
- make it vegan by omitting egg and replacing cheese with almond/cashew cheese or hummus.
- Serving Size: 2 halves of eggs benedict
- Calories: 440 calories
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 616 mg
- Fat: 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 29.1 g
- Cholesterol: 396 mg